Saturday, July 22, 2006




Oh hell, I thought I'd give this a try. I have an online sketchbook website called My Dog Ate My Sketchbook , but somehow that doesn't seem to force me to maintain a regular posting schedule -- sooo, seeing the good stuff that my fellow SA 'toonist Jason Bronkhorst is posting over at his new blog @random , I decided to give this blog thing a try.
I mean -- a drawing a day, how hard can it be?

For those who don't know me, my name is Rico and I'm a professional cartoonist and probably best known for drawing the South African cartoon strip Madam & Eve -- alongside a wide variety of other cartooning and illustration jobs. If you like, take a peek at my porfolio site.
Ok, the stuff that I'll be putting up here will probably be a mix of commercial work and off-the-wall stuff that happens after hours... consider yerselves warned.


Also, together with a few other SA cartoonists, we've just kick-started a new collaborative online sketchbook blog called SKRIBBL -- still early days, but we hope to soon have it crammed full of sketches, drawings etc based on weekly themes... hopefully it'll turn out to be a LOT of fun!
Another place I contribute to when I can is the Global Comic Jam, a site where a bunch of comic artists from all over the world contribute to a series of comic jams, this is, each artists draws adds a page at a time to ongoing stories making them up as we go along.




Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy Mazurelli said...

As I said before, my man, I want a t-shirt with that pig.

Good stuff.

10:44 pm  
Blogger mike said...

Aah...At LAST! A place where we can post our comments for MY DOG ATE MY SKETCHBOOK! Nice one. This is a very, very good move.

6:35 am  
Blogger Jason said...

Ah man, you know how to post links within the text? i'm in awe...

Good show, i see this taking off and being awesome. I hereby challenge you to a drawing a day, and no cheating by posting old stuff!

9:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Rico! Keep it up. AndyS

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home