Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Day 4: Skaramoosh... I sing the Fandango

(click on all images for larger view)
Okay, this is what happens when you don't read the fine print. Jason challenges me to a Drawing a Day for Life and I agree?? Am I nuts?! That means the only way to get out of this is for me jump in front of a bus barrelling down Jan Smuts Avenue (wait, have they renamed that one yet?... I lose track). Oh well, here goes... today's skribble. I fear this whole thing might turn into "Who of us can draw weirder stuff"?

Oh, and here's what Pedro in an earlier comment referred to -- I sketched up a version of a wild insane comic character he created, called Devil Cow.


Also, here's a peek at an animation project I'm currently working on for Mindpool Productions, to be used in a SABC kid's education show called Just Chill... had lots of fun creating this little Pig character called "Crackling"... who interacts with the Elephant in the picture -- they are used for little animated links between shows.

Here's a sample of one of the animated backgrounds into which the announcers heads get blue-screened and added to the top of the cartoon characters that then perform a series of looped actions, so they can be shown talking as long or short a time necessary... this one obviously a theater scene -- note Crackling in attendance and the Elephant Cupid which flies by occasionally on his rope...

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Crackling the Pig must be the most hilarious name for a cartoon character... ever!

And the one eyed girl, one wonders if she saves on mascara?

Til tomorrow then...En garde!

1:39 pm  
Blogger mike said...

Nice. So far so good with the challenge. What would be REALLY awesome is if you used the Devil Cow in the SABC production. I gaurantee you more kids would watch it.

10:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home